On Friday 1st Sept school students from across the region participated in a first for the Hunter. The Hunter STEM Festival involved over 400 students from 16 primary and secondary schools compete in a range of activities aimed at building STEM and other employability skills.
RDA Hunter’s ME Program, STEM Festival was held at The Forum, University of Newcastle and incorporated four exciting
National and International competitions run by Re-Engineering Australia Foundation including:
* Hunter F1 in Schools Regional Finals
* Land Rover 4 x 4 Challenge
* Jaguar Primary School Challenge
* Subs in Schools Display
In addition the following activities took place as part of the festival;
* MECO2 Dragsters Challenge
* Interactive NuBOTs humaniod robot display
* UON Smart, Hunter Innovation and Science Hub, Science & Engineering Competition activities.
The Hunter’s first STEM Festival has received strong region-wide industry support with a record number of judge volunteers from organisations including; PwC, Boeing Defence, BAE Systems, RAAF Base Williamtown, Thales, NSW Department of Industry, Hummingbird Electronics, Bloomfield Group, AusIndustry and the