iSTEM is an initiative of;
• Regional Development Australia – Hunter’s ME Program, Maitland Grossmann High School (MGHS) and Local Industry
This course is a Stage 5 (Year 9 & 10) school developed, board endorsed course (SDBEC) which aims to contextulise curriculum content using problem based learning activities.
It is unique in that it was developed in consultation with Hunter Manufacturing Industries and integrates the often separately taught components of STEM. The curriculum was first endorsed by the BOSTES in 2014 and is successfully being run by a number of Hunter schools this year.
The following steps need to be followed to initiate the process of running the course in 2016/17 and have your school included in the group endorsement for 2016/17;
1. Read the iSTEM SDBEC course document and negotiate with your Principal if you have the resources and structures available for the course to run in your school.
2. The Principal of your school needs to email Rick Evans at RDA Hunter requesting that your school be added to the list of schools endorsed to run the iSTEM SDBEC in 2015. email@example.com
3. Scott will then forward your email to Dr Di Soltau, Principal of Maitland Grossmann High School to seek permission for your school to be endorsed from the school. Once permission has been approved by Dr Soltau, Scott will forward our recommendation for endorsement to and Karen Ingram from BOSTES.
4. When there are multiple schools asking for endorsement, BOSTES has requested that they be send them as an amalgamated list. This means there is sometimes a slight delay in the endorsement process.
5. Karen Ingram will process the request and the iSTEM course will become available as an option to your school on EBOS. Scott will also email the school to inform them that the endorsement has been successful.
6. A request for endorsement is required each year. This can be done by simply emailing Scott to be added to the amalgamated list he sends each year.
If you have any queries related to the endorsement process please do not hesitate to contact Rick Evans firstname.lastname@example.org Phone 02 49408355 Mobile 0409366504