Engineering Fabricators (Heavy Welding)
What does a Welder do?
- Cut, shape, join and finish metal to make, maintain or repair metal products and structures
- Day to day tasks include producing moulds or patterns for metal castings, applying coatings and work with a variety of materials. Engineering fabricators can specialise in a range of areas such as boilermaking, blacksmithing, welding and electroplating.
What do I need to study?
At school, suggested subjects to study include;
- Science (particularly Physics)
- Technology (such as Design & Technology)
- Engineering (such as Engineering Studies and Metals & Engineering)
- Click here to find out what you need to study at TAFE to become a Welder
How much can I expect to earn?
- Demand is high we expected very strong growth
- Click here for more information
- ME Program Industry Partners include WesTrac, BAE Systems, Forgacs
- HunterNet Group Training Company
- AI Group