What does a Boilermaker do?
- Are specialist engineering fabrication tradespersons.
- Cut, shape, join and finish metal to make, repair or maintain a variety of metal structures products. Boilermakers work in the heavy machinery and equipment sector.
What do I need to study?
At school, suggested subjects to study include;
- Science (such as Physics)
- Technology (such as Design & Technology)
- Engineering (such as Engineering Studies and Metals & Engineering)
- Click here to find out what you need to study at TAFE in order to become a Boilermaker
How much can I expect to earn?
- Click here for a guide to apprentice wages
- Click here for information regarding weekly earnings for a qualified boilermaker
- Demand is high with expected strong growth in the future
- Click here for further information
Some suggestions include;